Temporary Childcare Assistant Grade Part Time Hrs Per Week Until July Jobs Vacancy at Durham County Council
- Temporary Childcare Assistant Grade Part Time Hrs Per Week Until July
- Durham County Council
- 19 Oct, 2018 30+ days ago
Durham County Council urgently required following position for Temporary Childcare Assistant Grade Part Time Hrs Per Week Until July. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Temporary Childcare Assistant Grade Part Time Hrs Per Week Until July Jobs Vacancy at Durham County Council Jobs Details:
Temporary Part Time Childcare Assistant - 25 hours per week
Grade 4 £17,972 - £19,446
The postholder will assist with a high quality offer of a happy, safe and inspiring environment for all babies and children within the centre.
The postholder will be responsible for contributing to improving the quality of education and learning opportunities for the children and young people of County Durham:
- To assist in the provision of a stimulating range of activities both indoors and out, relevant to the needs of children in the 0-12 years age range.
- To accurately observe, monitor and record children’s learning in accordance with the EYFS both in written and online formats.
- To enthusiastically work outdoors in all weathers for large proportions of the day.
- To respond to children’s interests, contribute to the planning of adult led activities and evaluate learning identifying next steps.
- To encourage the children to develop their independence and individuality within supportive, nurturing group care.
- To be a positive, supportive team player.
- To treat information on work related matters confidentially.
- To assist in maintaining high standards of hygiene with regard to children, equipment and the premises.
- To ensure the safety of the children when on external visits from the Centre, at forest school and when escorting children to and from school.
- To record and report any injury as well as any suspicious non accidental injury in accordance with Durham County Council’s safeguarding procedures.
- To develop strong relationships with parents and make them feel welcome and at ease at Selby Cottage.
- To undertake domestic duties as required.
The above is not exhaustive and the postholder will be expected to undertake any duties which may reasonably fall within the level of responsibility and the competence of the post as directed by the Head of Service.
Essential Qualifications: Relevant Early Years Qualifications (minimum NVQ Level 3)
For further information regarding this vacancy, please contact Kathleen Shields, Childcare Manager on 03000 264095.
Interviews will be held on Friday 23rd November 2018.
Apply on-line or for further assistance contact the HR Operations & Data Team on Telephone: 03000 267247 (24hr answerphone). Email: hrCYPS@durham.gov.uk
In line with the County Council’s Recruitment & Selection Policy, please note that we are unable to accept CV’s. Any information provided on CV’s will not be considered for short-listing purposes.
Please note that all communication regarding your application for this post will be sent to the email address that you have registered with North East Jobs, including your invite to interview if you are short-listed. Please check your email after the closing date for notification from ‘DONOTREPLY@NORTHEASTJOBS.ORG.UK’ as you will not be notified by any other means.